Tucson, AZ – October 2, 2023 – The University of Arizona's Race Track Industry Program is proud to host the 49th annual Global Symposium on Racing, taking place from December 4-6, 2023, at Loews Ventana Canyon in Tucson. This premier event will bring together racing industry executives from around the world to delve into critical issues and emerging trends across the three racing breeds. For a complete agenda and a list of speakers, please visit RacingSymposium.com.
The 2023 Symposium will feature a compelling lineup of topics vital to racing industry stakeholders, including:
- Computer Assisted Wagering – The Good, The Bad, and The Future
- Out of the Shadows – Shining a Spotlight on Mental Health and Emotional Wellness
- The Path Forward – Race Track Safety and the Anti-Doping & Medication Control Program
- Strengthening Your Simulcast Content – Maximizing Handle in Diverse International Betting Markets
- From Data to Dollars – Understanding Horse Racing’s Economic Impact As Racing’s Future is Questioned
- Land for Sale. How Will Race Track Closures Impact the Industry’s Long-Term Sustainability?
One of the highlights of the Symposium will be the "Legends of the Game – Racing’s Iconic Turf Writers" panel featuring distinguished racing journalists Steve Crist, Andy Beyer, and Jay Privman. These celebrated figures have been unwavering advocates for horseplayers and have been instrumental in driving positive changes for the betting public.
Monday's agenda will include a full day of pre-conference meetings and workshops, setting the stage for the Symposium's opening evening reception. These pre-conference sessions include:
- HISA Workshop for State Regulators and Stewards
- 3rd Annual Racing Secretaries Summit
- Track Surface Regulatory Requirements
- NTRA Handicapping Contest Workshop
To take advantage of a $100 discount on registration, participants are encouraged to register for the 2023 Global Symposium on Racing by November 17. Furthermore, the Symposium's host hotel, Loews Ventana Canyon, is pleased to offer a special room rate of $189 to conference attendees. Early booking is recommended as rooms are expected to sell out quickly. Registration for the Symposium and hotel reservations can both be made conveniently at RacingSymposium.com.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to join industry leaders and experts at the forefront of racing's most critical discussions. Secure your place today and be a part of shaping the future of horse racing.