The University of Arizona’s Race Track Industry Program (RTIP) will host the 49th annual Global Symposium on Racing from December 4-6, 2023. Racing executives from around the world will descend upon Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson for insightful conversations regarding industry issues and trends. "The broad cross-section of North American and international participants, representing all pari-mutuel racing breeds, makes the Global Symposium on Racing the largest industry-wide conference in the world," said RTIP Chair Robert Hartman. "The panel discussions and workshops, along with networking functions, allow for unique knowledge sharing opportunities."
The 2023 Symposium will feature panel sessions on the following topics:
- HISA in 2024 and Beyond
- Computer-Assisted Wagering – The Good, The Bad, and the Future
- Land For Sale. How Will Race Track Closures Impact the Industry’s Long-Term Sustainability?
- Embracing Change – Are We Ready to Adopt Category 1 Rules In the US?
- Out of the Shadows – Shining a Spotlight on Mental Health and Emotional Wellness
- From Data to Dollars – Understanding Horse Racing’s Economic Impact As Racing’s Future is Questioned
- Legends of the Game – Racing’s Iconic Turf Writers
- Updates & Path Forward – HISA’s Racetrack Safety and Anti-Doping & Medication Control Programs
- TPA Mark Kaufman Workshop – Protocols and Communication Strategies for Equine and Jockey Injuries
Monday’s agenda includes pre-conference industry meetings & workshops prior to the Symposium’s opening evening reception. Monday’s sessions include:
- Track Surface Regulatory Requirements
- 3rd Annual Racing Secretaries Summit
- HISA Workshop for State Regulators and Stewards
- NTRA/NHC Workshop
Visit RacingSymposium.com for a complete agenda, including with panel dates and times.
Register for the 2023 Global Symposium on Racing by November 17 to save $100!
The Symposium host hotel, Loews Ventana Canyon, is offering a discounted $189 room rate to conference attendees through Monday, November 14. Symposium registration and hotel reservations can both be made by visiting RacingSymposium.com